Coordinating colors yesterday in Glenn Ridge, NJ
Decorators are design professionals who master the art of creating visually pleasing and functional interiors. Unlike Interior Designers, who also undertake the structural aspect of a home redesign, decorators focus solely on the last layer of home decoration: colors, materials, finishes, wall and floor coverings, window treatments, furniture and accessories. They are style experts, and work very closely with clients to create interiors that suit both their taste and needs. They will often happily take on smaller, more personalized projects than an interior designer would.
In today’s racing world, a decorator’s help can be priceless, as she will give you the home you exactly want while saving you time, money and stress.
1, Decorators save you money.
Yes, they do! The value you get from a decorator is real. First, they work with you to get it right the first time around, avoiding costly mistakes. They’ll make sure your furniture is the right color, size and comfort, and that the fabrics or materials will hold up to their intended use. They will also make sure your budget is respected, and will provide solutions to make the most of your design dollar. Decorators also have significant discounts on fabrics and sometimes furniture. A good decorator will pass down those savings to you. Decorator’s fees vary, but a lot of them will gratuitously come to your home and give you a free estimate for their services, so you can compare pricing. They will also accept to come in and consult for an hour or two, if that is all you need.
2. Decorators are in the business of decorating, not sales.
Unlike commissioned furniture sales staff, decorators are paid for their expertise. They have your best interest in mind. Their focus is to create the home you want, not to sell you the most expensive goods.
3. Decorators save you time.
They do all the research, ordering, coordinating and installations for you. Their knowledge and experience lets them achieve in a short amount of time what would take homeowners months (or years!) to achieve if they worked alone.
4. Decorators save you stress. They will handle any issue with the products or conflicts with vendors. They will provide effective solutions to your design challenges (and maybe reconcile you with your spouse :-)
5. Decorators give you access to exclusive products. Via to-the-trade only showrooms and vendors. So your home is truly unique.
6. Decorators listen carefully, advise and guide you thoughtfully to make your home one that will bring you joy everyday.
7. A decorator or designer endorsed by the ASID follows a strict code of ethics and is the assurance of experience, professionalism and a job beautifully done.